If you find that you have several vehicles and your garage is small, or it can only handle one or two cars, then a storage unit is the another option. Instead of going to the lengths of having to rent a place with a spacious garage to store the extra cars, take a storage unit and store them there. Storage units are used to store vehicles, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), motorbikes, and other motorized sports vehicles.
You may not use these items frequently, but you don’t want to get rid of them because you may need them at some point. You may temporarily live in a place that doesn’t have the weather to allow everyday driving. A storage unit comes in handy because it is well secured for your car, and it is affordable. Storing your auto is less hassle compared to selling your car and then having to purchase another one later. Take for example you are going away to school for several months, or you are in the military and are being deployed. You are headed to a place where you can’t take your vehicle. You need a place to leave your car and return to find it the same way you left it. A storage unit is a great option.
Remember your car is one of the most functional and valuable things that you own. You need a monitored place to store it in your absence. Most of the storage units today are safe and monitored.
If you want to store the vehicle for an extended period, it is good to prepare the car and find out what you can do to keep it in the best condition. If the vehicle is stored longer than 30 days with no use, you should do these steps to maintain the best condition:
- Use a car cover to keep the exterior and interior clean and dry.
- Wash the vehicle to remove any surface debris that might ruin the paint.
- Fill the gas tank to prevent moisture in the reservoir and the seals from drying out.
- Use a trickle charger on the battery to prevent the battery from fully discharging.
- Don’t set the parking brake to prevent pads from fusing to the rotors.
- Remove tires and put on jack stands to prevent tires from developing flat spots.
A storage unit is like a second garage, and it ensures your car is safe and secure all through until the time you decide to come for it.
For all your self-storage needs, contact Self Storage Centers of America at 813-621-7867.