Climate controlled self-storage units Tampa FL are designed to adjust the temperature of inside the unit depending on the times stored inside. These units are suitable for valuable items that are environmentally sensitive. The units are able to maintain a constant environmental temperature often between 55 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit. The climate-controlled units have to be well sealed to maintain this temperature for longer. The sealing also protects the inside of the unit from pests, humidity and dust among other threats.
Climate controlled storage is more expensive than regular storage units. You might be trying to make the decision whether or not to choose a climate-controlled unit. The answers to the following questions should help you determine whether you need climate controlled storage units
- Are your items temperature sensitive? Items such as food, collectibles, books, clothing media and artwork may be susceptible to damage by extreme temperatures. It is advisable to find out whether your items are temperature sensitive.
- Does the environmental temperature drop below 32 or rise above 90 degrees Fahrenheit? Environmental temperature play a huge role in damaging items in storage. Therefore, if the area has incidences of extremely hot or cold weather, you should consider climate-controlled units.
- Is it a high-humidity climate? Climate controlled storage units are also protected from humidity. High humidity increases the risk of rust, pests, corrosion, mold and mildew in the storage unit.
- Are any of your possessions of high monetary/ sentimental value? If it is extremely costly or priceless, it is better to be safe than sorry by getting a climate controlled storage unit.
- Are you looking at long-term storage? The longer you store the items, the higher the risk of damage due to environmental climate. If you are looking for secure long-term storage, you should consider getting a temperature controlled storage unit.
Advantages of climate control in storage units in Tampa FL
Day temperatures can be extremely high while night temperatures drop very low. Bad climate can wreak havoc in stored items. These temperatures can be very rough on items made of wood, pictures, videotapes and priceless artwork. This type of storage can reduce the risk of losing your valuable items using heating and cooling units to maintain a steady and safe temperature in the storage unit. It would be more devastating to pay for storage only to find your items have been damaged by the climate.
Contact Self Storage Centers of America today for all your storage needs!